Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Pattern Transparency

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
IMCornish
9361 Views, 6 Replies

Fill Pattern Transparency

I have a number of Area types which use a Color Scheme to fill them with differing fill patterns.  I would like these fill patterns to be transparent so that, like room colour schemes, they do not hide what is below them.  Graphic overides of an area only give the opportunity to use a halftone of the fill.

Is there a way to do it?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

Are the elements in your model being completely masked by the Color Scheme's fill patterns? If so, I wasn't able to reproduce this. Have you tried settings the View's "Color Scheme Location" to "Background" if it isn't already? Also, a way to apply a transparency to elements that don't normally have that setting available under V/G Overrides is to create a View Filter with no rules, and set the Transparency that way. Note that the fill pattern will not be visible if Transparency is set to 100%.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey, that's really good of you.  To answer your points, yes everything was obscured and whilst my view color scheme location was already set to background the setting of a view filter did the trick. I am really pleased with the outcome.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 7
IMCornish

I wonder if you could suggest why, having mastered the transparent fill pattern, they print as if they are not transparent which has sadly made the achievement fall flat.

I include a couple of partial screenshots, one of the revit window with transparent fills, one of Design Review 2013 showing solid fills!

Fill Transparent.png 1.Transparent Fill, Revit 2015    Fill Solid.png  2. Solid Fill, DR 2013

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

I cannot say I've "masted" it really, but I think this is separate issue. I mocked up a similar setup in Revit 2014 and exported to .dwfx, and opened in Design Review 2013, and mine looks correct (see image below). I was not able to replicate your issue, so I don't have a direct solution for you, but perhaps make sure that Revit is up to date with all service packs and hot fixes, and also that your graphics driver is supported and up to date. You may be able to find more useful information by searching this forum to related topics.

ExportedTransparentFills.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
IMCornish

Everything up to date, Revit 2015 (Update Release 2) Graphics driver updated to current version though my card, Nvidia FX1700, is untested but I have never had any issues with it. Have bypassed DWFX export and printed direct to PDF with the same disappointing result.
I will have to look elsewhere as you have suggested.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 7 of 7

hello.I have a problem to get the material textures,and I guss it can be acquired from surfacePattern or fillPattern.But now I have no idea how to do it.I just want get the material color which we seen in the revit interface.

I have tried to get these (face.MaterialID),and compared to the materials'ID getted from filterCollector,but I cannot get the texture I want.

These Problem have confused me a few weeks,I am not sure whether the revit SDK 2014 can provide the interface to get the material texture.

I need help!Thank you!!!1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report