Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fill pattern and line style

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
765 Views, 4 Replies

fill pattern and line style

i have a filled region with concrete fill pattern, but the default fill is not dense enough
how do i edit this fill pattern? or can i? if not, how do i get a denser fill?

also how do i edit the fill region outline to show a broken (hidden) instead of the continuous (solid) line
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

Under settings>fill patterns> you create you patterns there. You will click the drafting version>then custom>browse to the revit.pat file or any .pat file you want and then once you select your concrete pat, you can scale it up or down with the scale value.

Note that drafting patterns scale automaticaly per view and model patterns are real world sizes allways. Use model patterns for your surface patterns typically and drafting for your cut patterns.

To change the line types, you pick the hatch, click edit, then highlight the line youwnat to change and select the linetype you wnat it in the pull down menu. Message was edited by: sdbrown
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

thanks
now imported a pat file ,changed the scale and applied it
the first time and was not satisfied with the results so I try to change the scale again but when i select edit the scale parameter is greyed out.
how do i change pattern scale again?
Message 4 of 5
Mr Spot

You have to locate the pat file again and then reselect it...

Agreed there should be an easier way of doing this.
Message 5 of 5
sbrown

This has allways been this way, good wishlist item. Its always bothered me you have to refind the file to edit it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report