Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not shown in local folder with Revit Collaborator.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
shogan
1174 Views, 7 Replies

Files not shown in local folder with Revit Collaborator.

were is the a360 local file saved? I can't locate it. it's not in the default path for user files.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting your question.   If you are using A360 Drive Desktop Sync, then the default location will show up under File Explorer.  If you are not using A360 Drive Desktop sync component, and uploading using a browser the local copy is where you are copying from.   

With the A360 Drive Sync component, look at your system tray for the icon.  Right click on itand select "Open Autodesk 360 drive"   That will show you the local copy of the files that get synced to the A360 Drive WEB Site. 

Open drive local from icon.jpg

Hope this helps and thanks for posting your question.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 8

Using the new revit collaborate when I open the test file I placed on a360 I don't get a local file. When I sync with central the box for a save of the local file is checked but greyed out and I have the both sync and save buttons not just the sync as it would be if I was working directly in a central file

Scott B Hogan | IT Director
Koch Hazard Architects | 605 782 8736 | www.kochhazard.com
Message 4 of 8

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to move your post to the Revit forum where the Revit experts can help answer your question about Revit Collaborate.

Thanks again for clarifying this so we can get you pointed to the right location for help.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 8
shogan
in reply to: shogan

when a file is uploaded to a360 with the new collaborate for revit it first makes you save a local copy before uploading to a360

Capture.JPG

After it is on a360 the local copy it had me save never changes and I find no local copy. It's like i'm working directly on the central in a360.

Message 6 of 8
KyleB_Autodesk

Scott,

The local data is contained in the Collaboration Cache located at "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2015\CollaborationCache"  This is purposely tucked away in the user's machine because there's not really any need for them to every go there to access the data, which is also why we hash the file names.

What's the reason why you are wanting to learn more about this?  We're glad to try and answer stuff for you.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
shogan

Only interested in local copy for backup purposes or some issue with cloud

Message 8 of 8
KyleB_Autodesk

Got it.  2 things to note:

1. The "Save As" command in Revit, when used on a cloud workshared model, is the equivalent to "Detach from Central".  So if you want to get a detached version of the model for local backup you'd be wise to use Save As to get it.  Weird stuff can happen when you start trying to work on stuff harvested from the Collaboration Cache, since that is not supported.
  2. The Collaboration for Revit Service keeps record of every SWC operation, and you can roll back to any of those versions as necessary, without needing a local backup solution.  This can be done in the Manage A360 Models dialog.

Cheers,

Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report