Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Will Not Open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tannertownsend
280 Views, 3 Replies

File Will Not Open

My Revit 2010 file will not open.  Everything looks fine and like it will open based on the green status bar at the bottom right but then it freezes at 100% and says that the program is not responding.  File size is 130 MB and was opening fine when it was in the 108 MB range but apparently last time I saved it the file size increased.  My computer should be more than adequate (2.9 GHz Core i5 processor and 8 GB of 1600 MHz RAM).  I have tried opening the file in numerous ways but haven't had any success.  Please help, I'm at my wit's end and up against a deadline now.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: tannertownsend

Hi. If you have worksharing setup and are using worksets you could specify only the ones you need to open. After doing that (Supposing it works), then do a purge. By the way, try auditing your file first. Maybe that'll solve the problem.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: tannertownsend

@tannertownsend wrote:

My Revit 2010 file will not open.  Everything looks fine and like it will open based on the green status bar at the bottom right but then it freezes at 100% and says that the program is not responding.  File size is 130 MB and was opening fine when it was in the 108 MB range but apparently last time I saved it the file size increased.  My computer should be more than adequate (2.9 GHz Core i5 processor and 8 GB of 1600 MHz RAM).  I have tried opening the file in numerous ways but haven't had any success.  Please help, I'm at my wit's end and up against a deadline now.  Thanks.

Had something like this happen to me a month ago.  Turned out to be a model linked into mine. Do you have any linked models?  If so try opening and saving them over each other. Then try to open your model.

If you have worksets setup follow AJA14 recommendation.

Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for the suggestions.  Unfortunately I found out yesterday that my file had been corrupted.  I have a couple backups but unfortunately I still lost a good chunk of work.  I will definitely be purging and auditing more frequently in the future.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report