Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File menu error message (Help)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dean.renshaw
166 Views, 7 Replies

File menu error message (Help)

For the last three days i have been looking for threads posted on numerous revit and autodesk websites regarding an error message "an invalid argument was encountered" when u click on the file menu.. With extensive research i had found 20 other people have had this problem and not one reply has been able to provide a solution... I myself have had this occuring problem and it's driving me nuts... Can someone please find a solution as i know i'm not the only one with this problem... Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Park City
in reply to: dean.renshaw

debo,

I am sure that my posts were amoung the 20 you counted. I am still waiting for any info on this as well. My client has logged a ticket with AutoDesk and has yet to hear anything and I have heard of others who also have logged a ticket but no response yet. In the mean time, have you found any creative work arounds for this very annoying problem?

Thanks

Brad
Message 3 of 8
dean.renshaw

It's very frustrating, sometimes if you open 2 at the same time it doesn't happen on one but it does on the other.. Thats the only way i can get around it....
Message 4 of 8
Park City

Just keeping the thread allive. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Brad
Message 5 of 8
mike

I'm having this problem. It started when I move the office, got broadband, and started up Revit. In my old office (no internet on the Revit computer) this never happened. I thought it might be related to getting my serial number kicked to 000-00000000, which is a known RAC2008 bug, but I no longer think that's the cause. It seems to be something to do with how Revit tells Windows about its license state.
Message 6 of 8
mike

the problem is with your antivirus software. I loaded Verizon's software when I got DSL, and the problem occurred. I went back to Norton and the problem went away.
Message 7 of 8
Park City

Anti Virus removal and registry tweaks didnt make any difference, so I dont think it is ether or them....at least not in my case.

Brad
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

This Works:

Update your microsoft visual c++ runtime libraries from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

This problem has been plaguing me for some time until I found a similar post from a user using a totally different application. After applying the update, I was able to work as usual.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report