Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
182 Views, 2 Replies

File crashing

Hello,

I am a student working on the Autodesk Revit software on my laptop (lenovo intel core i7 64bit 16gb nvidia geforce gtx) and am having trouble opening my file.  I open my file, a two story home project for class, and as I am selecting different viewports the software begins to crash and will freeze.  I have to restart my computer each time.  My professor suggested I update my video/graphics card (nvidia gefore gtx) and I did, but still the program acts the same way.  I do not understand?  My laptop is capable of running this program, yet is having major trouble.

You should know I installed the software and this was my first time opening and using the program on this laptop.

Any help would wonderful!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Go into Options and try unchecking " Use Hardware Acceleration" under Graphics. See if that helps.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate your help!

I did as you suggested and yes it did help switching between viewports!  I am still having issues though.  I am not able to edit my file I opened?  It will not let me select walls, furniture pieces, et cetera that I currently have.  I am also not able to go to sheets - new sheet - and then load in my template.  After I right click sheets and click new sheet, that's when revit locks up and I have to restart still.  If it helps, I started my project in our college computer lab and used a usb to transfer it to work on my own personal laptop. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report