Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX doesn't work on my machine?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Robert_Grandmaison
775 Views, 2 Replies

FBX doesn't work on my machine?

I've installed the latest FBX utility...but when I try to import an FBX file into MaxDesign 2011 that was exported from Revit Architecture 2011, I get nothing...no objects, no cameras, no views...nothing. I'm not getting any kind of an error, and the FBX files have data in them judging by their file size... any idea?

I've looked at the process more closely now. It seems that when the Export gets to 66%, Revit freezes up a bit and goes into a (not responding) message in the UI menubar. After less than 30 seconds of (not responding), it then finishes and returns to usability...but jumps to finishing so fast that I'm thinking that Revit's not actually writing the entire FBX file out. My actual Revit file is about 16MB and the FBX is about 20MB. Max, upon attempting to import, identifies 2596 objects in the file...but alas, nothing ever appears. Also, zooming extents in Max reveals nothing- and the object selector is empty.

Or, am I just doing something wrong? I'm switching to a 3D view in Revit when I export. I'm exporting to the Import folder in Max.

I do see that in the decompressed fbm folders all the resources- and I'm wondering if there's a particular file that should be inside that folder that contains the actual definition of the geometry. What should I be looking for?

System info: Window 7 Pro 64 bit, 12 GB RAM, Intel i7 960, Nvidia 3800...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thomas
in reply to: Robert_Grandmaison

I am having the same problem.  I cannot get the FBX file into MAX.  I open it reads the file like it is supposed to then nothing in MAX...

Anyone have any answers?

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: thomas

apply update 1 for revit  2011: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14973244 and install the latest hot fix for max design 2011: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15302366&linkID=10381720

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report