Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fat colored outlines after turning off visibility category

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
daniel.k.bush
798 Views, 4 Replies

Fat colored outlines after turning off visibility category

I need to create some exterior snapshots of our model, which has just been completed to the 100% DD phase. The model has another Revit model linked in: the structural elements from our structural engineer. In the exterior shots, his pilings are showing and we don't want to see them in these images, so in the views I created I turn off his Structural Columns (which is the category for his pilings) in Visibility/Graphics Overrides. The pilings go away, but all of his elements now show with a fat colored line surrounding them.

Two questions: why are these lines showing when all I have done is turn off a model category in Visibility/Graphics Overrides? And how can I now turn off these fat lines? They do show when I create a PDF of the image.

Here are snaps before and after:

ScreenShot001.jpg

ScreenShot002.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
loboarch
in reply to: daniel.k.bush

Those look like structural analytical lines.  Check to see if the structural analytical categories are turned off in that view,

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 5
daniel.k.bush
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work. I went into V/G for the view, turned on "Show categories from all disciplines." Then I went through all the Structural categories in the Model Categories tab, opened them all up (by clicking the + sign) and for each category made sure Analytical Model was unchecked. I then repeated all this for the structural model in the Revit Links tab. The brown and green lines are still showing:

ScreenShot003.jpg

Any other ideas, or am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks,

Dan

Message 4 of 5
ccollins
in reply to: daniel.k.bush

Take a look under VG> Object Styles and see if you can see anything with that brownish color, and turn it off.

Also, look under VG> Revit Links and do the same.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
daniel.k.bush
in reply to: ccollins

Thank you so much -- that helped me find the hidden categories. There are more Analytical Models hidden under Floors and Walls, which I didn't think to check. I thought all the Analytical Models were under Structural so didn't bother looking elsewhere.

Thanks again,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report