Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster remote connection for worksharing - Alternative to VPN or a faster VPN

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
611 Views, 3 Replies

Faster remote connection for worksharing - Alternative to VPN or a faster VPN

We set up a VPN connection to work on a central file both in the firms office as well as outside the office. We work with a 25 MB central file and every time somebody outside the office tries to edit some element that was created by somebody else Revit ask for permissions and it can take up to 2 mins. after the permission is granted. When we try to synchronize with the central file, it can take up to 30 mins. to complete. Working like this is almost impossible.

Is there another way to connect with an external central file? Or is there a way to make the VPN connection faster?  

I researched a bit and realized that the VPN connection is encrypted, so that it encrypts the data before sending and then de-encrypt the data after receiving it on the other side. Maybe this is the cause of the big delay. Is there another way of connecting remotely that doesn't involve this extra secure (Spy's movies style) connection? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

check out the new "Revit Server"------Adesk just released info yesterday.

http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/

cheers

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you, but how do I download this? Is this an update to Revit? Is this on SP1 or this is an extension to Revit? I didn't find any reference about this in the Autodesk website.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

It's part of the upcoming Subscription Advantage Pack due out in the next day or so. http://www.aecbytes.com/buildingthefuture/2010/RevitServer_CEA.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report