Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fascia profile family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
debbyharr
3595 Views, 2 Replies

Fascia profile family

I want to add some flashing to a roof. I tried loading some profiles. When I choose Hosted Sweep, Roof Fascia none of the new profiles show up on the list. (only the ones I put in the template).

I tried adding one from RevitCity, one created from scratch with the profile template, and modifying one from the list and saving with a new name. They do show up in the project under families just not on the list when I'm trying to do fascia.
All have profile and fascia set for category and usage.

Please let me know what really silly thing I am forgetting to do.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
melarch
in reply to: debbyharr

Did you open the Type Properties dialog box for the Hosted Sweep and change the Profile parameter under the Construction gouping to reflect your new profile. don't forget to duplicate the existing Type (Default) before you assign new profiles to the System Family: Wall/Fasica/Slab Edge Sweeps.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Present/Building the Past
Message 3 of 3
debbyharr
in reply to: debbyharr

Thanks, that helped me.

I had forgotten that you have to set up a type for each profile. My names end up so much the same that I didn't notice I wasn't picking from the family directly like with most components.

I'm sure it will become obvious to me after I use Revit longer why it is set up this way, but right now it just seems like an extra layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report