Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Issues in Revit 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BIMGrl
351 Views, 3 Replies

Family Issues in Revit 2014

I am having a couple of issues with my families in a project that has a floor plan that is a linked file.  I have face-baced families.  When placed on a wall (linked file wall) in the plan view, I can see the family item but cannot select it by clicking on it.  I can drag & highlight the item, but then I also select the linked file.  I know I can change my preferences to not select linked files, which I have done, but I still do not have the availability to simply click and select a family item...why?

I also cannot see these same family items in a section view, or 3D view; only in plan view.  The browser doesn't recognize that there are items in the view either (section view), as I do not have an option to select the family items in that view-only to select them in the entire project.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BIMGrl

Hello and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

It's difficult to determine the cause of this issue from the information given - would you be able to reproduce this issue in a new Project file and then post that sample here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
BIMGrl

See attachements.  I took a screenshot of my file showing my family (it's an intercom symbol) and then showing the section that doesn't show the family.  That is the issue I am most concerned with.  It also will not show in a 3D view.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun

I'm guessing without being able to investigate the Family files, but is it a matter of Detail Level? Perhaps the extrusions in the Family are set to be hidden under Detail Level: Coarse.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report