Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Frustrations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
123 Views, 1 Reply

Family Frustrations

I realize families are powerful things, but sometimes they are incredibly frustrating. For instance, can anyone tell me why a truss I created works fine when I flex it inside its own file, but the same truss fails when I similarly flex it after I've loaded it into the project wherein I want to use it? How can you fix something that is only occasionally broken? Why should the family work fine except when I actually use it?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would send your family file to Revit support, or post it to www.zoogdesign.com/forums where someone will be able to help you figure it out. When you load it into a project and use it, how does it fail? does the geometry fall apart, or are you getting an error message and it wont work at all? "Eugene N. Kilmer" wrote in message news:4091447b$1_1@newsprd01... > I realize families are powerful things, but sometimes they are incredibly > frustrating. For instance, can anyone tell me why a truss I created works > fine when I flex it inside its own file, but the same truss fails when I > similarly flex it after I've loaded it into the project wherein I want to > use it? How can you fix something that is only occasionally broken? Why > should the family work fine except when I actually use it? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report