Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family elements visibility in project

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
a06vsh
284 Views, 2 Replies

family elements visibility in project

So I'm trying to make a project-file for a table that I've made as a family. In the project file I want to dimension the table, as a whole and as the differents parts of the table.

I've made visibility parameters in the family, but my problem is that that will hide that part of the table, i.e. the legs, in all views. I want to have one section with only the table top, one section with only the legs etc.

Any ideas of how I would go about this without copying the table in the project file and hiding different parts in each of them?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: a06vsh

To hide in that way, you don't need visibility parameters, but subcategories. The top and the legs need to be in different subcategories that you create with VG inside the family. Then, in the project, with VG, you turn off the correspondent subcategory in each view.

However, try to avoid this method when you plan to distribute this family to other users, because you will be creating some custom subcategories that other people don't have and don't know about.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
a06vsh
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Great! Exactly what I was looking for 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply and all the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report