Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families missing after install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
amanchester
553 Views, 6 Replies

Families missing after install

When I click on the Load Families button, I don't have any files that contain families. I just recently installed the free educators version. Is it suppose to be missing these?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
parveen.revit
in reply to: amanchester

Student version comes wtih complete installation (with all families and templates).

you can repare the installation and check the tick boxes to install families and templates.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 7
oana.iln
in reply to: amanchester

I have the same problem; educational version missing templates and libraries. I reinstalled the software, after repairing. I still doesn't work for me. I tried to load them manually, but they are not in the folder they are supposed to be. Is there a link where they could be downloaded?

ps: libraries seem to work on the sample project, but I couldn't find them in my computer with the windows' search, when I looked for *.*.rfa or *.*.rte.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 7

I am also an educational user, I had the same problem with no familes appearing in REVIT.  I have tried adding features, repairing/reinstalling, and even unistalling REVIT.  In every instance, the installer freezes.  Now it seems I am stuck with a broken version of REVIT.  Anybody have any idea what I could do?

Message 5 of 7
AJA14
in reply to: keith.schmelzer

Hi. Do the following:

Download the families, templates, and family templates using this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14973523

This is directly from the Autodesk Website. Then you need to place them in their correct locations.

Then go to Application Menu, Options Dialog, File Locations (Refer to attached image)

File Locations.png

Then you need to place the templates in the top, the family templates in the 2nd browser, and the family libraries in the places list. This should solve your problem.

P.S. : If someone else has the families, no need to download them, just copy and place them in their correct location. You could simply try to load a family and when it opens to an empty folder, that is where your families should go. 

If this answers your problem, please Accept As Solution.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 7
oana.iln
in reply to: AJA14

Thank you, AJA14!

It works for me. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
keith.schmelzer
in reply to: AJA14

Thank you for the very thorough instructions, but I didn't trust what appeared to be a bad install (since it wouldn't repair or reinstall) and after a lot of difficulty, I managed to go back to a windows restore point and get a clean uninstall (from directions available on support from autodesk here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18782231&linkID=9243099) and reinstall.  The families are now present. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report