Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families Guide - any update soon Autodesk???

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
LisaDrago
616 Views, 10 Replies

Families Guide - any update soon Autodesk???

Autodesk - I was wondering when the Families guide is going to be updated soon... It is the 2010 version and it is different enough to cause issues for new users and those not familiar with older versions... I use both Arch and MEP for training.

Any news?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: LisaDrago

I wonder why, having so many Autodesk personnel answering all kinds of questions in this forum, none of them has cared to answer this valid question, after 3 weeks of having been posted.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 11
LisaDrago
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I can agree with you, but I am sure there are many valid reasons... Just no one has left any... Smiley Surprised

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 11
SteepLearner

This is a real problem for me. I had used Revit Arch 2010 a few times, and then left it for some time. I now have Revit 2012, and find the interface significantly different, with no current supporting documentation or tutorials for the current release. Autodesk should have one in preparation or be able to give a reasonable explanation why not.

Message 5 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

And where else is one supposed to ask this question but here, in the official Autodesk forums?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 11
LisaDrago
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I have a class i am teaching right now and it is such a STRUGGLE!!!! 

Please Autodesk - DO SOMETHING...

LD

Message 7 of 11
derrickmoore

Autodesk has subbed out their training guides to Wiley and Sybex. I doubt they have any plans to update anything

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: derrickmoore

its wiley/sybex & ascent

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
LisaDrago
in reply to: DarrenP

I understand that they don't do their own books anymore... but this has not been updated. But no one has gone through and updated this information. Have you tried teaching someone on in release 2012 using the 2012 version???

Let me give you a clue....

It seays - Select both connectors and click modify connector element - element panel - element properties. In the instant properties dialog box...

there is no reason to "Select both connectors and click modify connector element - element panel - element properties." anymore... as soon as you select the connectors the instant properties is avaiable in the properties dialog box...

try working with someone who has never seen 2010 let along 2012 to use this to learn how to create the families...

It is ver frustrating and brings down the rating of my ATC...

That is where my frustration comes from - Autodesk neesd to ask their third party to either update the family book they have or create a new specific family book - not just a chapeter or two in another book.

LD

Message 10 of 11
derrickmoore

I agree with you, Lisa. I just don't have any faith in Autodesk fixing old training guides

Message 11 of 11
LisaDrago
in reply to: derrickmoore

Wow, I was a little over passionate as I was typing... I guess it showed. My spelling is horrible. Sorry about that.
Maybe I should contuse Ascent to see if they would do something.
I'll let you know what I hear.
LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report