Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faceted Curtain Walls

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
martysaid2009
2377 Views, 2 Replies

Faceted Curtain Walls

Hi there.

I need to make a curtain wall that conforms to this general shape (this is just a rough example).The curved portions will be faceted.

What is the best way to draw a setout line so that I can obtian vertical spacing of 400mm for each panel continuously around the entire shape?

On the faceted panels, does anyone have ideas on how to make mullions and transoms meet square?.. or is this just the labout of working out the angles and making appropriate family to fit?

Many thanks for your help.

Marty

Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Create a Curtain Wall type that defines the Vertical Spacing you want. Revit will deal with the arc segments differently than the straight segments. Each segment generates its own x/y pattern. Revit will distribute the vertical spacing you set based on its justification, beginning, center or end. You can also offset the justification to control where the pattern start or end.

Give it try and see if you have questions afterward.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Steve. Yes it was fairly straightforward as you described and got the result I was after.

Many thanks.

Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report