Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FACADE: HOW TO DO A CURVED CUT IN A CURVED WALL

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pfontes09
5932 Views, 3 Replies

FACADE: HOW TO DO A CURVED CUT IN A CURVED WALL

I am currenly working in a facade that has a stylized gondola on it. The gondola has curved walls for the sides, and I need to have the curved cut to give it the shape. Anyone has any idea in how to do it? The tools I know are for straight walls, not curved. and the Opening/wall makes a squared opening, not curved. 

Thanks!!!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For holes of any shape into a curved wall you can use:

Architecture > Components > Model in Place > Family Category and Parameters > Walls > call it somehow >Forms > Void Forms > Void Extrusion. In order to make a void extrusion you must first draw in Floor Plane a Reference Plane on wich the extrusion to be perpendicular , call this Reference Plane with a name in order to can select it as a Work Plane.

Make the extruded void. Select the Void and the curved wall and from Geometry > Cut.....you will obtain a hole into the curved wall.

For upper or bottom profile of the curved wall , make a Roof by Extrusion and attach the wall to it....then hide the roof....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for the help. I tried what you suggested but I am having a hard time to do it. how do I set the curved wall as a work plan? 

Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 4

"In order to make a void extrusion you must first draw in Floor Plane a Reference Plane on wich the extrusion to be perpendicular , call this Reference Plane with a name in order to can select it as a Work Plane."

As I said in my previous post you make a Reference Plan tangent to curve in the area you want to make the hole....You can use not only extruded Void but also blend,sweep or swept blend Voida , as you need to be the hole.

In order to work in a frontal view when you make the shape you can meke a new appropriate elevation :

View> Create > Elevation > Elevation...put the symbol nearby the cuved wall in plan view, it will try to keep perpendicular, fix it where you want and you'll have an elevation in wich you can draw at real scale...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report