Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion in an elevation view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mike28
4772 Views, 4 Replies

Extrusion in an elevation view

I am trying to make an in place model of a louver panel that goes from the top of the wall to the top of the roof. for some reason it will not let me do either an extrusion or create and in place model in an elevation view. can someone tell me why??

All I was able to do was create a new family (wall based only) the bring it into the project. There has to be an easier way. does anyone have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
melarch
in reply to: Mike28

You are obviously not trying to place a louver in a wall or you would have created a window or generic wall hosted family for a louver. Not enough info to go on, could you show us a picture of the end result with some notes?

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Past
Message 3 of 5
Mike28

It is a separate panel that extrudes from the wall over the soffit. What I want to do is create a in place generic model that is not wall based so I can place it exactly where I want. The way I have been doing it is creating a wall based family then drawing a very small wall so I can move it freely. What I'm looking for is an easier way to create this panel with my own louver.
Message 4 of 5
Mike28

here' s a picture
Message 5 of 5
melarch

Could you higlight the element in question in the picture you posted and possible show the actual component in the small wall you create so I can understand what it is you are creating? Thanks!

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Past

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report