Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude error with lines from imported polyline DXF or DWG model

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andre_dms
728 Views, 5 Replies

Extrude error with lines from imported polyline DXF or DWG model

Why can't Revit make extrusion from polylines of imported DXF or DWG models? Revit 2013 update 3.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andre_dms
in reply to: andre_dms

The DXF file actually is made of splines. It is all 2D lines, exploded into Revit. It would be a must be able to extrude from splines inside Revit.
Message 3 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: andre_dms

Why don't you draw this in Revit?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 6
andre_dms
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

This, obviously, is just a small portion of a very complex, big drawing, and I need to import. After all, this question is feature related.

Message 5 of 6

can you post the dxf or dwg files ? 

All the test I made in Revit 2012 and Revit 2014 , work ...the extrude is ok - dwg and dxf ...I make the test as mass element and as Component -generic model...

I had some similar problems a while ago when importing some polylines composed of too many lines . In such a  case , I think that, it's better to redraw the shapes  ( as Alfredo suggests )

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Here is a test file - just a random spline drawing saved with Autocad Arch. 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report