Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Long Load Time to Open Model and Load Links

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
689 Views, 2 Replies

Extremely Long Load Time to Open Model and Load Links

I'm currently working on a project that essentially involves documenting 2D DWG's into a 3D model comprised of linked mechanical, structural, and architectural models. Of course this means frequent reloading of dwgs. The mechanical model gets by far the majority of my attention, and I'm generally reloading at least 1 new dwg file every day, the trouble is each time it takes an 1 to 1.5 hours to "reload from" the latest drawing. In an attempt to speed things up, I've moved everything off the network and onto my hard drive, unlink dwg files not in use, and purged the models to reduce size. The dwg files are all saved to a network, however before linking them into Revit, I detach all unused X-refs, and bind in any I am using, then audit, purge, and overkill before saving a copy to my hard drive. The mechanical Revit model is 130MB and the dwg links are around 15MB (rather large I know, but I'm not sure how to reduce them any further in size). The interesting thing is the structural model is even larger at 145MB, yet takes only a minute to open and relink dwgs.

I presume the long opening times and reload times are related, as when opening, the status bar on the bottom left displays the name of loaded dwg files.

Can anyone provide some insight into why these files are taking so long in model vs. another?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Without seeing the file I have no way of knowing the issue. I can take this case internally and set up an FTP site for file upload if you like.

Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report