Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Text styles to remove from templates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RAndroseGlover
2154 Views, 2 Replies

Extra Text styles to remove from templates

So here is the scenario:

In Revit 2014, I am creating new templates from previous projects/templates and ensuring that everything meets new company standards. As a result of brining in old material, I have some extra text styles. I've created text objects for each of the text styles I didn't want, selected each one individually, did a "Select All Instances in Project" and then changed them to the new company approved text style as needed. 3 problems still persist:

1) 5 of the unapproved text styles still exist somewhere in the project. Short of going through every family, every schedule, every...thing in the project, how can I ensure that the correct text style is used, especially when new items such as schedules are created? (My template will include all the standard schedules, but new schedules don't appear to use any sort of view template and so come in with their own text styles.

2) Is there a template for schedules? So I don't keep getting the "Schedule Text 1", "Schedule Text 2", "Schedule Text 3", and "Shcedule Text 4". I know I can create view templates and apply them to the schedules, but it would be nice to have it default to the correct text style, thus not re-creating the non-company standard text.

3) How do I delete the unwanted and unused text styles? There are a couple of styles that don't appear to be used for anything, but they won't purge in the Purge Unused and I can't find them on the project navigator.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Robert A. Glover
User: Revit, Navisworks, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Architectecture
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: RAndroseGlover

Ad 1) Ensuring text style are not used. You wil have to go through all families to make sue that they only have the approved text styles. For schedules see point 2 hereunder

Ad 2) It is possible to have a default schedule appearance.

Select a schedule...do a edit type and you can fill in the default template for new schedules

Schedule.png

3) If you can not purge them then they probably are still used somewhere. As text styles are a system family it might be possible that a few of the styles are "hard coded" (but I can not confirm this)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
RAndroseGlover
in reply to: L.Maas

Great response. Thank you very much.
Robert A. Glover
User: Revit, Navisworks, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Architectecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report