Revit Architecture

*Jarod
Message 1 of 5 (94 Views)

Extra Lines on Roof and Walls

94 Views, 4 Replies
09-14-2004 09:14 AM
If you look at the attached file how can I get rid of the extra lines on the roof and walls. Did I go at it wrong and need to do the walls and roofs differently? Thansk, Jarod Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Get Rid of Extra Lines on Roof and Wall.rvt"
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 5 (94 Views)

Re: Extra Lines on Roof and Walls

09-14-2004 10:00 AM in reply to: *Jarod
Join Geometry. Nothing wrong with what you did, but it could have been done with single roof. "Jarod" wrote in message news:414718ef_2@newsprd01... > If you look at the attached file how can I get rid of the extra lines on the > roof and walls. Did I go at it wrong and need to do the walls and roofs > differently? > > Thansk, Jarod > > >
*Jarod
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)

09-14-2004 10:23 AM in reply to: *Jarod
Single roof can have different plate heights now? I thought all roof lines had to be on the same plate height. Join Geometery worked great on the roof but can't get the walls to do it... Thanks, Jarod "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4147245d_3@newsprd01... > Join Geometry. > Nothing wrong with what you did, but it could have been done with single > roof. > > "Jarod" wrote in message news:414718ef_2@newsprd01... >> If you look at the attached file how can I get rid of the extra lines on > the >> roof and walls. Did I go at it wrong and need to do the walls and roofs >> differently? >> >> Thansk, Jarod >> >> >> > >
*Nic M.
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

09-14-2004 10:37 AM in reply to: *Jarod
I would use "edit profile" on the "outside" wall I assume the material on the outside wall will be different then the inside (support) wall? Nic "Jarod" wrote in message news:41472909$1_3@newsprd01... > Single roof can have different plate heights now? I thought all roof lines > had to be on the same plate height. > > Join Geometery worked great on the roof but can't get the walls to do > it... > > Thanks, Jarod > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:4147245d_3@newsprd01... >> Join Geometry. >> Nothing wrong with what you did, but it could have been done with single >> roof. >> >> "Jarod" wrote in message news:414718ef_2@newsprd01... >>> If you look at the attached file how can I get rid of the extra lines on >> the >>> roof and walls. Did I go at it wrong and need to do the walls and roofs >>> differently? >>> >>> Thansk, Jarod >>> >>> >>> >> >> > >
*Aaron Rumple
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)

09-14-2004 10:52 AM in reply to: *Jarod
Single roof can have different plate heights. The linework tool will eliminate any extra lines between roof and walls you don't want. "Nic M." wrote in message news:41472cc1_1@newsprd01... > I would use "edit profile" on the "outside" wall > I assume the material on the outside wall will be different then the inside > (support) wall? > > Nic > > "Jarod" wrote in message news:41472909$1_3@newsprd01... > > Single roof can have different plate heights now? I thought all roof lines > > had to be on the same plate height. > > > > Join Geometery worked great on the roof but can't get the walls to do > > it... > > > > Thanks, Jarod > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > news:4147245d_3@newsprd01... > >> Join Geometry. > >> Nothing wrong with what you did, but it could have been done with single > >> roof. > >> > >> "Jarod" wrote in message news:414718ef_2@newsprd01... > >>> If you look at the attached file how can I get rid of the extra lines on > >> the > >>> roof and walls. Did I go at it wrong and need to do the walls and roofs > >>> differently? > >>> > >>> Thansk, Jarod > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > >> > > > > > > Attachment not added (content type not allowed): "Get Rid of Extra Lines on Roof and Wall.rvt"
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.