Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting wall section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
clr4tkoff
289 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting wall section

Hello - I have a problem when I export to AutoCAD from Revit. I have attached a file showing what it is doing.
The wall section was split in Revit and moved to fit on a page. When we take it to AutoCAD it shifts the parts and pieces around, moves the text out of place. Does anyone know why and how to fix this? If the section isn't split it works fine.

Thank you for your help!

LD
Kalamazoo, MI
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: clr4tkoff

The answer is simple, don't split the wall. It would seem to me that splitting the wall and are we talking about using the split tool button to split the vertical wall section, you are destablizing the model. If you are using the break controls of the crop boundary for the section then the behavour might be eratic as well.

Also, if your purpose is to split the vertical wall section so you can fit it on the page this can be done in several ways as those mentioned above. Create another section view using dependent views with the section to create a foreshortened section in several parts . This would allow you to export the main view to AutoCAD without the problems you have currently encountered and still have the dependent views of the main view to create the sheet views.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
clr4tkoff

We are using the break controls of the crop region not the split button.
I can see how making the dependant views would work. Although we are exporting the sheet view and not just the section. I will have to see what my team thinks.
Any other thoughts you may have are always welcome.
Thanks!

LD
Kalamazoo, MI
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Another thought is to create two callouts, turn off the title or titles on the sheet and hide the callout tag on the section. That way you can adjust their crop boundaries and move the two callouts closer together. I can see where breaking the crop boundary could have adverse affects when exporting a sheet out to DWG. It shouldn't cause the issue your experiencing, but nothing is perfect and there is always more than one way to skin a cat. Just an expression, I am not advocating skinning cats; Splitting hairs, yes.

I still like using dependent views over two callouts.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
clr4tkoff

LOL - I am glad you are not advocating skinning cats... my kitten would not be to happy with me... But anyway...

I will certainly look into both options. We haven't gotten into the dependant views too much yet but I know they will be very helpful.

Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

LD
Kalamazoo, MI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report