Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting topo surface to dwf with colours

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
embolisim
1579 Views, 4 Replies

exporting topo surface to dwf with colours

Hi,

I didn't have any joy in the MEP area so I'll try this one.....

I have a Revit MEP model with a linked topo surface. Its a proper Revit topo surface.

Our deliverable in this case IS the model, not 2D sheets.

When I export to dwf, which is the format we will be delivering to the customer, the topo surface comes out grey. Everything else holds its colour, the pumps, tanks, pipes etc in the model all show the colour applied using materilas or filters as appropriate. The topo surface has green 'grass' dark grey 'bitumen' etc materials applied to it and displays correctly in the MEP model.

Does anyone know how I can get the topo to export to dwf in colour?

Using RMEP2010 and Design Review 2010

Thanks in advance.

FYI. It's a desalination plant. So there's a few linked models... Topo surface with access road etc, Sea water intake structure (bottom end), Desal plant & pipework (top end & what I'm working on).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: embolisim

This was a known limitation with Revit 2010 products.  This was improved with the 2011 release of Revit; if you export a site object it will accurately display its material color [versus the gray color] in 2011:

This was a known limitation with Revit 2010 products.  This was improved with the 2011 release of Revit; if you export a site object it will accurately display its material color [versus the gray color] in 2011:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/ZWVmNzZl

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks Ryan.

I have 2011 as well so I'll use that to make thje dwf when the guys are finished.

We haven't done a company wide upgrade yet, for reaons that are beyond mere plebs like me.

Message 4 of 5
kjeboe
in reply to: ryan.duell

w

pure.architect
http://www.purark.no
Message 5 of 5
monika.odegard
in reply to: kjeboe

hei!

2020 revit sam problem. line setting OK. they have they colors everythung else is black-white. no subregion, no trees, no nothing. where is it could go wrong? 

thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report