Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to Navisworks File formate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
608 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting to Navisworks File formate

I am trying to convert a revit file to navisworks.  I have a licensed version of Navisworks Manage 2011 and a trial version of revit.  I have installed the exporter add-in, but can't find where in revit to export the file.  We are have not had much luck getting architects to convert the files for us, so we are looking at purchasing a copy of revit to do our own coversions, but I wanted to make sure everything would work before making the purchase.  I am not a revit user and not familiar with the software at all.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

Once the Navisworks add-in is installed you should be able to locate it in Revit 2011 below:
Revit 2011 > Add-Ins > External Tools > Navisworks 2011.

Once the Navisworks add-in is installed you should be able to locate it in Revit 2011 below:Revit 2011 > Add-Ins > External Tools > Navisworks 2011.

Image Example: http://screencast.com/t/YTkzNzFj

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks for the quick reply.  I do not have the Add-ins menu option.  That is what was confusing to me.  I don't know if it is not showing up since I am running Revit as a trial version or if I need to do something to have it show up.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Did you install Revit before Navisworks, or after? 

Message 5 of 5
ryan.duell

I would follow the steps below to manually install the exporters:
Manually installing Navisworks Exporter in Revit

I would follow the steps below to manually install the exporters:

Manually installing Navisworks Exporter in Revit

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report