Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to DWG

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cookie4
250 Views, 1 Reply

exporting to DWG

Hello,

I have to export my plans done in Revit 12 to DWG files so other Architect can work on them as he does.t use Revit at all.

My problem is that for instance, the Walls and the Hatch inside the Walls come as the same Layer in DWG.

another problem is the windows. Every line there inside the window is a diffrent layer. I understand this is for diffrent kind of lines, but in Autocad they use the same line and layer for all the window...

is there a solution i can give them for this?

thank you all in advance for your help!

Jennifer

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cookie4

You can control (to a degree) what layers the Revit elements export to. Go to Application Menu (the big 'R') » Export » CAD Formats » DWG Files.

At the top left of the dialog box, there is an option 'Select Export Setup'. Click on the browse button (Browse.JPG) to customize the export settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report