Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to DWG (3-D model)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
613 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting to DWG (3-D model)

I am trying to export individual floors from REVIT to CAD because our consultants are not using REVIT. I have created individual 3D views for each floor and am able to export each one just fine............my dilemma comes when they need to put the file back together. When I use the SECTION BOX to clip my levels I have no way to select the levels or a common point of reference to divide the floors. I would like to know if there is a different or easier way to do this or if what I am doing is correct? I just need a 3 story building divided up into 3 different 3D files per floor. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

What you need is two options: 1 is called "orient to view"; the other one is "save view". Both are found in the cube and in the wheel. It is easier by the cube, though.

1. Start by requesting a default 3D view of your 3 story model. In the project browser, a view called {3D} will be created.

2. On the lower right side of the cube, hover the mouse to make that little arrow show up, and clic it. Choose "orient to a view", and select, for example, Floor plans > Floor plan Level 1.
(this will give you a plan view, but in reality it isolates the 3d model of the selected level from the others)

3. Click on the default view of the cube, to view this floor plan from a default point of view.

4. From the cube's menu, select "save view", and save it as Level 1-3D (for example)

5. In the project browser, double clic on {3D} to return to the original model before requesting another instance of "orient to view". This step is important.

Repeat steps, from 2 to 5, for every level, until you end up with Level 1-3D, Level 2-3D, and Level 3-3D in your project browser. Each of the other views should be different from {3D}.

Alfredo Medina
www.planta1.com
Online training of
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report