Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to CAD only showing wall core

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jledgewood409
1602 Views, 3 Replies

exporting to CAD only showing wall core

I am trying to export to CAD to send to my structural engineer and the structural engineer only wants to see the core edges of the wall and not the different layers of the wall i.e. doesnt want to see the any of the finsh or substrate layers.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In this situation, I usually split the walls into parts and create a filters to show the core layer/s only.
It's a bit of extra work but it's working fine.
Also, I've come across a workflow which basically involves having a separate wall types for structure and finishes. It has it's benefits but it's a bit too fiddly for me.
Message 3 of 4

I really havent used the "Parts Tool." once a split teh wall into parts will it still tag the same?

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

In your exsiting view make sure that the Show Original is on in the view properties. That will keep the tags intact.

If you want to have the same tags applied when you export your drawings with only the parts on, then change the Parts Visibility to Show Both. Apply filters for the parts you want to hide and hide wall patterns and common edges etc..., and apply overrides to lines  (you'll end up with an outline of the original wall and the structural layer)

And if you want to have separate tags for the core layer, then change the Parts Vis. to Show Parts and create separte tags for the parts.

Thanks,

Maciej

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report