Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting multiple sheets as DWG - and create a single XREF DWG ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
968 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting multiple sheets as DWG - and create a single XREF DWG ?

Hi,

We are exporting a number of sheets from Revit where floor plans have been split across multiple dependent views.

Whilst we can export the sheets and the associated views as XREF DWGS - Revit currently creates a separate XREF DWG for each sheet view.

Can you force Revit to export each sheet as a separate DWG - but a single DWG XREF that is used for all sheets ?

This will make it easier for our other consultants (Still using CAD) to use a single DWG.

I know we could manually correct teh XREF links for each sheet - but we are talking about 50+ sheets here.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Martin,

We've had the same problem on a few projects, and I wish there was a way to export clipped views so that the entire plan was available in model space, but there isn't (to the best of my knowledge).  We just export the unclipped "Parent" view and send that, rather than exporting each sheet and sending them.

Actually, I think I may have misunderstood your question.  If you're asking if you can export multiple sheets to CAD, and have each of those sheets reference a single plan view, then the answer would still have to be "No."  Annotation would be different from view to view, and since annotation is part of the view, not part of the sheet, it wouldn't know how to combine that information into a single xref.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report