Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting curtain wall with panels as walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ademox
949 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting curtain wall with panels as walls

I am trying to export my floor plan to dwg file and I have curtain wall there which have panels as regular wall types. The problem is that exporting it will put those panels on the wall layer. I need them to be on curtain wall panel layer. I tried to use "Function" parameter in wall family by changing certain wall types to Retaining (since I don't use this parameter) and changed Wall/Retaining category layer to curtain panel in dwg export setup. But it seems it has no effect.

I also noticed that walls inserted as panels into curtain wall do have a parameter under "Identity Data" with the name "Categorize as" where are two values - wall or panel. But this does not have any effect either since there is no category for it in export setup.

Any solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: ademox

I don't see an automatic solution for this. The only alternative I can think of is to make 2 exports, one for the curtain walls, and another one for the rest of the floor plan. In the first export, change the settings for Wall to be "A-Curt-Wall-Panel", and in the second export, change the settings for walls back to "A-Wall". Then, in AutoCAD, merge the two exported dwgs. into one.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
ademox
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Actually I came to this conclusion too 🙂 But works for me right now. But as you said, not a solution though, but workaround.

Thanks anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report