Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to NWC - No suitable geometry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bbrown
1388 Views, 4 Replies

Export to NWC - No suitable geometry

I have an empy Revit model that has view pre-configured for exporting. The model has several linked Revit files that I want to export to NWC, but I get an error message that there is not suitable geometry, even though I can see the geometry. I have "convert linked files" checked. Can I do what I'm wanting?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: bbrown

What version of Navisworks are you using?

Starting in 2013 - Revit will natively go into Navisworks, you can directly open Revit files in Navisworks.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
bbrown
in reply to: LisaDrago

I'm using 2014. I know NW can bring in Revit files natively now, but the template I've set up cuts the building down into multiple floors and I want to export each as a NWC so I don't have to set each NWF up to look at a different view in the same Revit model. 

Message 4 of 5
ronsarlo
in reply to: bbrown

Hi,

I'm now on Building Suite 2015, (Revit and Navisworks).

It seems that I am still having the error message "Not Suitable geometry found."

I have seen the solution to the potential problem from "Detail Level" being included in the view templates.

As sort of a last resort, I have made a dummy file and deleted all the view templates.

So no views in my project have a view template.

Unfortunately the error still persists.

Exporting via the 2015 Navisworks Exporter (from Revit) gets me that error message.

Opening the .rvt directly from Navisworks gets me no entities with the Project Tree showing the .rvt file, but entirely blank.

No pun intended, but I'm really drawing a blank here on what else I can do.

Message 5 of 5

Hi All,

I had the same problem exporting from Revit 2014 and the issue was that the following elements where controlled via Views template:

- Level of detail

- Model Display

- Shadows

After I removed these elements from the template I was able to do the NWC export.

Regards,

Lucian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report