Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG - text and leader color of autocad layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bmillerponcho
1110 Views, 4 Replies

Export to DWG - text and leader color of autocad layer

G'day all. This has been puzzling me for some time. I have set my dwg export settings to export the notes to a specific layer for autocad with a specified color. When ever I export the text revit puts it on the correct layer but the color is overridden to white and the leaders are overridden to red.

How can I make it so that all of the text is on the correct layer and the correct color when exported to dwg?

I use the setting "Export category properties BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY". I use that setting because it's the only one I can get our linetypes to show correctly when exported to autocad (centre, hidden, dashed etc. linetypes do not show on the exported dwg when I use the other 2 settings).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

5 years later and it's still a mystery!

Message 3 of 5
bsde
in reply to: bmillerponcho

Why do the Text Color Changes to White when exported to AutoCAD?

Request someone to help

@bmillerponcho wrote:

5 years later and it's still a mystery!

Message 4 of 5

We should open an idea to make Revit understand BYLAYER as a color. Autodesk should define a number to BYLAYER color, so Revit will understand it. Then, instead we have to set revit to create layers to color 1, 2, 3... we can set a number xxx and revit will export to dwg with BYLAYER, when choosed, eliminating some of rework... 

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rbarbosa8DQGJ

>>>...We should open an idea...<<<
You can start here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report