Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG/DXF setup - adding a category???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawn.p.phillips
392 Views, 2 Replies

Export to DWG/DXF setup - adding a category???

Revit no longer allows you to export your layer mapping settings to a TXT file.  But the genius who set up the mapping for this project before this functionality was removed failed to incorporate a "Viewport" line which we desperately need.  We can't control where the viewports map to now.  I want to add the category.  Right now the ONLY way I can see to do this is to take the old and very outdated TXT file, update it line by line (which is a major pain because its not organized the same way in the TXT) and add it there.  We are up against a deadline here so spending another entire day doing that isn't an option.  Surely the geniuses at Autodesk took into account that at some point a category would need to be added (or in this case re-added) and that functionality exists somewhere, somehow????!!!  If I could export to TXT this would take 30 seconds to fix.  Hoping someone can help here.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There is no way of adding a Category in Revit.

When you export a dwg - Revit automatically puts viewports on G-ANNO_NPLT layer. so it will not plot - this should be enough. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3

Lisa, respectfully, that is incorrect.  When the "Viewports" line is missing Revit defaults to layer '0', not the 'NPLT' layer.  This is unacceptable because our project has 700 pages.  I either have to create a script in ACAD to go in and change all the viewports to an 'NPLT' layer or find another way.  WHile waiting for a response yesterday I figured out how to fix the problem but its NOT reasonable.  Autodesk needs to fix this in the next release.  This is a major irritation.  

The solution is to track down the AIA settings text file (I had to find it on Google since I can't find it in any of my computer directories), then I opened our old outdated text file, copied the "Viewports" line out of the AIA text file into ours and saved.  Then I had to create a new DWG/DXF settings option using the new text file and spend most of my day (valuable time I didn't have to spare) updating all the other settings AGAIN.  I wasted a whole day on something that should have taken 30 seconds.  I will be adding this to the Revit wish list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report