Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DWG By Material

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
K4rl33
2825 Views, 4 Replies

Export DWG By Material

Hi,

I'm walking around searching for a way to export my model in DWG, with layers subdivided by materials. Is it possible? 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lanl
in reply to: K4rl33

Hi K4rl33,

Unfortunately, you can't export the objects to different DWG layers based on the object material in Revit.

When exporting to DWG, you can set Layer Modifiers to create a rule how the objects of the same category will be exported to different dwg layers. But the rule available is limited currently.

For example, you can export the pipes, fittings, etc to different layers based on the system type, you can also export the walls to different layers based on the structural usage, function, etc. But it doesn't provide the material parameter as the rule.

You can check the post below to get detail information about layer rule setting when exporting to dwg.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tips_and_Tricks/Import%2c_Export%2c_Layers/Export_P...

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 5
K4rl33
in reply to: lanl

Thanks for the support.
I think that this option would be great. Please consider it as a possible update for future versions of the program.
I would like to notice the absence of a "zoom to object" command, that would be great in a 3d visualization, to zoom and modify interior object (also working in more than a viewport) instead of creating 3d cameras. Please consider it for next version.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
lanl
in reply to: K4rl33

Hi K4rl33,

Thanks for your feedback for our products. I would encourage you that report such wish list here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 

You can use the form in the link to tell us what you think about our products, their features, and any improvements you would like to see. Then related people will read all the feedback recieved.

Thanks.

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 5
bogdan.c
in reply to: lanl

Hello,

Any progress on this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report