Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explode Autocad Detail

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmcarchitect
370 Views, 3 Replies

Explode Autocad Detail

I imported some autocad details into a Revit project. In order to make modifications to the details I need to explode them. When I explode them the text disappears. Does anyone know how I can modify the deatils without losing the text.
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tmcarchitect

You should import them in and select the Create Link button. Then you can
open them in AutoCAD make the changes and reload them, like an xref.

wrote in message news:5502359@discussion.autodesk.com...
I imported some autocad details into a Revit project. In order to make
modifications to the details I need to explode them. When I explode them the
text disappears. Does anyone know how I can modify the deatils without
losing the text.
Thank you
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

As Ryan stated, work on the changes to the details in AutoCAD. It is more efficient. It is not recommended to explode imported files in Revit, because of the way Revit converts various 2D and 3D CAD based geometry into Revit linework and text.

I have imported many AutoCAD details and have had no problem with text. Text is going to convert you SHX file format to TrueType text, but it is not a problem. If after exploding your DWG you do not see text then is it possible the layer in the DWG is turned off in Visibility Graphics>Imported tab for that DWG or on the Annotation tab of VG the text is unchecked.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 4 of 4
tmcarchitect

Thank you,
I have linked the file instead of importing and linked with layer level colors set to black. I also went to linestyles in the setting menu and increased the lineweight of the same layer that contains the text. For some reason the text continues to print very light. I would like it to print at the normal darkness.
thank you if you have any suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report