Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expansion Joints and construction joint

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ernesto.fraga
4050 Views, 3 Replies

Expansion Joints and construction joint

Hi every one,

Here I'am in my first post.

Two questions in one.

I would like to ask how you represent construction joints and expansion joints, and how to represent the daily progress of that pavement.

Workers advance every day from one construction joint to another construction joint. That is the rule.

For instance I have a floor that has 244.8 meters long and 5.5 meters width (244.8mx5.5m), the floor has 15cm height, with a slope of 1.5%.

I would like to represent construction joints every 3.6 meters, and expansion joints every 50.4 meters.

In order to control daily progress, I would like to specify wich part of pavement was done every day. That`s why a single pavement is not a good solution. At site, the drafter must mark as done the pavements that workers has done during the day.

One solution that I though was to create one piece of 3.6 meters long with the specified slope and make and copy/paste the pavement but it is a too heavy job and if  I have to modify the slope, I wolud have to restart all over again.

Please see the attached file.

Do you have any suggestion for that?

Thank you very much.

Arch. Ernesto Fraga

Maldonado - Uruguay.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: ernesto.fraga

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like the best solution to your question would be to use the parts tool.  You can model your entire floor as one piece, and then use the parts tool to divide it up into separate pours, since that's how it will be constructed.  Here's a link to a good tutorial on parts.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 4
ernesto.fraga
in reply to: rosskirby

THANKS A LOT.

REALLY WORKS

CHEERS

ERNESTO

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: ernesto.fraga

Glad I could help.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report