Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing and new walls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
209 Views, 3 Replies

existing and new walls

i am doing an extension to a building and would like to differentiate the new from the existing walls with some sort of shading.
how do i go about this

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Look up Phasing in help

wrote in message news:4837947@discussion.autodesk.com...
i am doing an extension to a building and would like to differentiate the
new from the existing walls with some sort of shading.
how do i go about this

thanks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

How would you change the hatch on the existing elevation. When the wall is assigned an exising phase it isn't effecting the elvation hatch.
Message 4 of 4
mmiles

phases will require phase filter settings that differentiate what is existing and what is new. Your walls will be created in different phases (i.e. existing, or new construction).

Your elevation view properties should be set to show the new construcion phase, with a phase filter of "show previous + new".

In the phases menu, set that filter to use a graphic overide (the details of which you can set on the overide tab of that menu) for the "previous" phase elements (i.g. existing walls).

Those settings will affect the plan views mostly, but using shading with edges will produce an elevation with the previous phase shaded in gray.

(at least that is how I've gone about in my project. good luck).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report