Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
251 Views, 3 Replies

Error

Goog afternoon,

I am user of Revit 2014, and when I'm doing projects, one message appears: "enter a value or formula starting with '='."

This message appears for every commands.

I need this program for the college, can anyone help me? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BalajiHTI
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provide more information or Attach the Revit Project.rvt file? Or try Auditing the file for errors.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BalajiHTI

All commands that try to carry this message appears . Sometimes I can use the program without any problems , but then appears... In all my files this message appears.

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

That message indicates that Revit is expecting numeric input, and you have entered something that Revit interprets as a formula, but that was not started with an equals sign (=).  The next time you get this message, try to figure out where you have entered a numeric value.  It could be "in canvas" (in the drawing areas) in a (temporary) dimension string, or it could be in an edit box on the Options Bar.  Edit the entered value, putting an equals sign character in front, if that is appropriate, or re-enter the value in the proper format for the units you are using.

For example, if I want to offset something by 3/4 of a unit, and I select the object, click on the Offset tool, and then type 3/4 in the Offset edit box, I will get the Enter a value or formula starting with '='. dialog.  If I close the alert dialog and then add an equals sign in from of the 3/4, or =3/4, Revit does the math and allows me to continue with the offset (for imperial units, the Offset edit box displays 0' 9").

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report