Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Collaborating; square feet per foot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
spiritcircle
3113 Views, 6 Replies

Error while Collaborating; square feet per foot

Hi,

We are collaborating in Revit. While working in a local file, everything seems to be moving along well. After a little while, if we try to save and/or synchronize with the central file, we get the error message; "square feet per foot." We then get another warning that says the file was not saved. We are unable to save of synchronize. The work-around we have come up with is to save as a new local file. This works for some time... saving and synchronizing without problem - but only for a while. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks all.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Some users have reported about another error message such as "inches to the 4th power" which, according to their own reports, is due to not having enough space available on disk to save the files. I hope it helps.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Message 4 of 7

We just had the same weird message.

My colleague was trying to save a file that has been used in collaboration. But I was working in a different file which is not be shared with anyone.

It looks like the problem is caused by lack of space in the server of our computers. Have a good clean to your hard disk and free as much space as possible; it may help.

Message 5 of 7

Hello, Angelica, welcome to the forums. Nice to see you here. 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: spiritcircle

I saw this error last night while teaching.  One of my students was attempting to save a fmily file to a flash drive and got the message.  He saved to the desktop and it worked just fine.

Not sure what the source of the problem is.  I will have to do some digging.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 7

HI

the solution is restore your computer to an early time.

this is the only solution. its work for me. but before you have to save your proyect file on pendrive

I guess its a virus who change the aceleration sofware of revit.

hola la solucion que me permitio volver a guardar mis archivos mienstras trabajaba en revit,fue restaurar la pc a una fecha anterior cercana. Fue lo unico que me funciono. porque parece que es un virus que cambia la aceleracion en el sofware de revit, no se. pero me funciono completamente. Antes de de restaurar guarda el archivo del proyecto que te dio problemas en un pendrive

saludos espero que les sea util

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report