Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

spiritcircle
Message 1 of 6 (2,156 Views)

Error while Collaborating; square feet per foot

2156 Views, 5 Replies
11-01-2012 10:47 AM

Hi,

We are collaborating in Revit. While working in a local file, everything seems to be moving along well. After a little while, if we try to save and/or synchronize with the central file, we get the error message; "square feet per foot." We then get another warning that says the file was not saved. We are unable to save of synchronize. The work-around we have come up with is to save as a new local file. This works for some time... saving and synchronizing without problem - but only for a while. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks all.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 6 (2,145 Views)

Re: Error while Collaborating; square feet per foot

11-01-2012 11:17 AM in reply to: spiritcircle

Some users have reported about another error message such as "inches to the 4th power" which, according to their own reports, is due to not having enough space available on disk to save the files. I hope it helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
spiritcircle
Message 3 of 6 (2,139 Views)

11-01-2012 11:38 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks. I'll look into it.

angelica.rodriguez
Message 4 of 6 (2,094 Views)

11-07-2012 07:42 AM in reply to: spiritcircle

We just had the same weird message.

My colleague was trying to save a file that has been used in collaboration. But I was working in a different file which is not be shared with anyone.

It looks like the problem is caused by lack of space in the server of our computers. Have a good clean to your hard disk and free as much space as possible; it may help.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 5 of 6 (2,086 Views)

11-07-2012 07:46 AM in reply to: angelica.rodriguez

Hello, Angelica, welcome to the forums. Nice to see you here. :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Employee
loboarch
Message 6 of 6 (2,075 Views)

11-07-2012 12:40 PM in reply to: spiritcircle

I saw this error last night while teaching.  One of my students was attempting to save a fmily file to a flash drive and got the message.  He saved to the desktop and it worked just fine.

Not sure what the source of the problem is.  I will have to do some digging.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.