Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to export to navisworks? (.nwc)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tfisch86
576 Views, 1 Reply

Error when trying to export to navisworks? (.nwc)

I am trying to export some Revit models to .nwc for use in navisworks.

I have been getting some odd errors, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I will get the error, close the program, re-open, and it will export fine. Other times I try that and still get the same error with no luck.

I need to get these into .NWC files, and doing it from Revit holds more infomation than trying to import them in Navisworks.

Attached is a picture of the error message Revit is giving me... HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gyvven
in reply to: tfisch86

I've been having the same issue. I'm using Revit MEP 2012 and exporting to Navisworks 2013. Closing and re-opening the model sometimes fixes the problem, sometimes not. I usually need to export multiple disciplines from each model and the first one generally works fine but the second will get the same error you list. Lately it's been happening any time I try to export, this wouldn't be so bad except that the files take better than 10 minutes to open.

The .log file only contains the following lines:

System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)

at NavisWorks10.LcRevitExportCommand.Execute(Application application, String& message, ElementSet element_errors)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report