Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Syncing with Central

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrischweiss
1116 Views, 4 Replies

Error when Syncing with Central

I have just upgraded to Revit 2015, and started receiving the error message below. I am able to open the project, and only have the issue when I try to Synchronize with Central.

'An unrecoverable error has occurred. The program will be terminated. All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files'

There are several others working on the project. Some are having the same issue, while others are able to synchronize without a problem.

This was never a problem in 2014, what do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MattD
in reply to: chrischweiss

Have you tried opening the central file, detaching and preserving worksets and running AUDIT, then saving it as a new central file using the Compact option at the same time, then having all users create new local files (you should be doing the AUDIT/Compact thing at least once a week regardless).

MattD@...(NNTP handle: Matt Dillon)
You may recognize me from the
thousands of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10+ years
as Matt Dillon

Message 3 of 5
chrischweiss
in reply to: MattD

The first time this happened, that is exactly what I did and it fixed the problem for a week or so. However, I just installed the latest release and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Message 4 of 5
KseniaEic
in reply to: MattD

I have the same issue. I can open my local file fine but i get that same message when I try to sync to central. Is there no way to resolve this without losing the work I've done?

Message 5 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: KseniaEic

Make sure all users are on the same Build of Revit and Update Release version. If not, it can cause local files to become corrupt and produce the error you are seeing.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report