Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error the surface must have at least three distinct Points

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6237 Views, 5 Replies

error the surface must have at least three distinct Points

New to Revit.  Trying to create a topo from 3D contour data brought in from AutoCAD.  When I click on the green check I receive an error message "The surface must have at least three distinct Points.  And it doesn't create a solid surface.  The only solution I saw from previous post is that I need to import my file in "metric" but I thougth that cant be correct.  Hope someone can help. Thanks.  Michael May

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on how the file was created its very possible that the solution is to set Metric as your import setting. I'm assuming this is the post you say: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/creating-toposurface-from-dwg-import/m-p/5118296#M7...

Without the AutoCAD file I have no way of knowing, but if setting the units to Metric works will that work for you?

Thank for posting.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for getting back with me ... I tried importing the file with units set to metric but assuming I was doing that correct it didn't seem to help ... I'm attaching a copy of the AutoCAD file incase that would help any ...

This file was initially a larger file that had a site construction plan below the contour plan ... say 100' or so ... I thought that might be the problem so I copy and pasted just the contours to a new AutoCAD file, purged the unused layers and saved it as a different name .... this is that file

Thanks Again,

Michael May

[logo]

ANDRES

214.521.2118 (office) | 214.252.9212 (direct)
Michael@andresconstruction.com

3710 Rawlins, Suite 1510
Dallas, Texas 75219
www.andresconstruction.com

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is NOT the intended recipient or the employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender to arrange for the return of the documents.
Message 4 of 6
alan.quinn

Michael, I don't see your attached file. Can you re-attach? Thank you

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Alan ... hope this attachment works ... I'm also attaching a copy of the plan the way it was BEFORE I did copy/paste to a new file and purged it ... these were the plans as we received them ...

Thanks,

Michael May

[logo]

ANDRES

214.521.2118 (office) | 214.252.9212 (direct)
Michael@andresconstruction.com

3710 Rawlins, Suite 1510
Dallas, Texas 75219
www.andresconstruction.com

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is NOT the intended recipient or the employee or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender to arrange for the return of the documents.
Message 6 of 6
BrunoRJ97

After 8 years i've got the same situation. Just for the record, if some deseperate soul has the same error message.

The problem must come from the DWG file .

In mi case, the topography wasn't made of "curve lines" with elevation, but polygons that revit didn't recognize as topography. 

I'll leave the screenshot below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report