Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error messages when trying to export .inp file from GBS to DOE2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TAMUedu
358 Views, 3 Replies

error messages when trying to export .inp file from GBS to DOE2

Hi everyone, I just created simple cabin with 4 walls, few windows, door, roof and a floor. I ran energy simulations, and when simulations were done I exported the results to .inp file, I tried to run the file using DOE2 but I got a DBL errorr, also I tried to open the file with Draw BDL , and again I got errorr messages? any suggestions! I need this to get done in the next few days for a school project. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mra1242
in reply to: TAMUedu

Hi,

Green Building Studio uses DOE2.2. SO the files that you have created using GBS and this process could not be opened with older versions. Try to open the file with eQuest to visualize and running it. 

Please let me know if you have more questions on this.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 3 of 4
TAMUedu
in reply to: mra1242

Thanks for the tip. Can anyone provide me with DOE 2.2. I downloaded it but
it requires a password. I need this software ASAP for a school project due
this Tuesday.
Message 4 of 4
mra1242
in reply to: TAMUedu

Hi,

Here is the information on how to get password form DOE2.com:

"You can download DOE-2.2 and its complete documentation from DOE-2.2 download area, but you must complete a DOE-2.2 license agreement and scan/email, mail or fax it to us and we will then send you a password for the program zip archive; email and US mail address and fax number are on license."

Please follow their instruction and get advise from their website for more information.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report