Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when importing AutoCad files into Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
msh285
779 Views, 2 Replies

Error message when importing AutoCad files into Revit

I just installed Revit. I had already made the plan of the structure I want to model in AutoCAD, but I am unable to important the Plan into Revit. Every time I try linking the file, an error message pops up saying that the AutoCAD file name has unsupported characters and that it can't be use. But, the file name doesn't have any of these unsupported characters. I've tried it with many other AutoCAD files and have tried both linking and importing, but the same prompt comes up each time. Do I need to re-install revit? Or save my AutoCAD files a different way?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
filipefrancisco
in reply to: msh285

Try to save the DWG in a lower version, or change the type of fonts in DWG

You dont need to reinstall the revit....

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 3 of 3
msh285
in reply to: filipefrancisco

Just tried it with a 2004 DWG file, and the same message popped up when I tried to select the file. I had also deleted all the text from the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report