Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR MESSAGE "Encountered an improper argument" Can't open Revit 2014 file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
estefyarriagada
9871 Views, 2 Replies

ERROR MESSAGE "Encountered an improper argument" Can't open Revit 2014 file

Hi, I just had this problem the other day I was using Revit 2014 student version and then closed the file, and the program, and when I wanted to open the file again the program didn't let me open the file "encountered an improper argument" error appeared.

It is doing the same thing to all my files, I can't open any of them.

Then when I try opening a new file it opens the new file, but when I save it and try to open it appears that "the file xxx has an incorrect schema" or it says something like that. 

Also when I tried opening the file without launching Revit first, when Revit starts it appears this error "An unrecoverable error has ocurred, the program will now be terminated"

Is it anyone out there with the same problem? I need help please ! My computer has the Windows 8.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luna.ye
in reply to: estefyarriagada

Hi Estefania,

Please install the update2 for Revit 2014:http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Please repair the program: Control Panel>Add-Remove Programs>Find Revit>Repair

Please try to restore Uistate.dat:

Exit Revit, open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014\, rename the file UiState.dat to UiState.bak. Start Revit to see if works.

Please refer to the following blog:

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2013/11/revit-revit-error-enountered-an-improper-argument.html

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
estefyarriagada
in reply to: luna.ye

Thank you luna.ye

I tried first to install the Update 2  for Revit and it didn't work, but then I tried the repair option and now Revit seems to be working good !

thank you for your answer !!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report