Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on Revit & AutoCAD 2014 launch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AlisderBrown
720 Views, 3 Replies

Error message on Revit & AutoCAD 2014 launch

Hello

I have had the Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 installed on my laptop since it was launched and had no issues atall, lately however, when i launch Revit or AutoCAD after the spalsh screen pops up and runs through the initilazation ect. i get an error message (find attached) with the heading "Layout" which simply states "Error 2". After i hit OK both softwares seem to work perfectly well, i am not sure what the error is relating to or affecting and after extensive reaserch i have come up blank.

I have ran a repair on the affected sortwares, uninstalled them individually and reinstalled on the Admin account with AV and firewall and alll other apps turned off and ran the software as Admin after a reboot, i have uninstalled the Full Suite and Reinstalled the same way as previously stated and i am still getting the error message. 

I only get this message with Revit 2014 and AutoCAD 2014 from the suite, all other software from the suite do not display this message. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello..??? Autodesk...????

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Just as an FYI, this is more of a user forum than an Autodesk employee help forum.  If you want help specifically from Autodesk, you should submit a support request.

For your error (Error: 2), I believe you might have a problem with the graphics card in your machine (something to do with OpenGL support).  Can you post what graphics card you have, and whether or not you've updated the drivers recently?  Also, is your card on the list of "approved" cards (not that it has to be, but it helps sometimes).

If your card is supported, try turning off graphic acceleration and see if that helps.  If it does, you may need a different card anyway.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 4
AlisderBrown
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for your Reply 🙂

Yes sorry, I should have mentioned, first thing I done was to check my card drivers were up to date. They are

I am using a Nvidea Quadro K3000M card and the Driver version is 331.65, not sure when I updated the driver exactly but the problem came about long before I had done son. It is a certified card and I have already tried turning off Hardware acceleration to no avail L There shouldn’t be an issue with OpenGL as this card is optimized for it.

I thought it could be something to do with Vasari Beta being on my machine so I have ran through a full uninstall and clean on my computer of Vasari, and again after that a full uninstall and reinstall as ADMIN of the full suite but am still getting the error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report