Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in project

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mkdc
186 Views, 5 Replies

error in project

while i was working on a project an error report just prompted on my window. after attempting to save it it shut down. i restarted my computer and tried to reload the project file. a window popped up which prompted " an attempt to open file 1 past its end" i never was able to open my project even on other computer..what went wrong? pls. help. thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: mkdc

I'm sorry but that is programming speak for "dead". It basically means that Revit can't read the data because something was corrupted.

You can:

Submit a request for support to Autodesk, you are entitled as a subscription holder for Revit. You'll send the file to them and they will attempt to recover it.

Restore your project from an earlier backup file and continue. If you saved successfully within the last hour or so, just find the file that has the four digits added to it like this:

projectname.0004.rvt

These extra digits indicate the order of the backup files. Revit default to 3 backup files and will cycle through these three as you save during the day. If you start a project from scratch today and save 10 times you'll end up with the following in your project directory:

projectname.0010.rvt (most recent)
projectname.0009.rvt
projectname.0008.rvt (oldest backup)
projectname.rvt (THE project)

Good luck!
Message 3 of 6
mecopepper

The same thing happened to me while trying to share an splitted Revit file. What's the appropriate procedure to share Revit splitted files?
Message 4 of 6
sbrown

What is a revit "splitted" file?

Worksets/ Worksharing is the tool for multiple people working on the revit project at the same time. do the training on that.
Message 5 of 6
mecopepper

I meant a large revit file splitted in smaller pieces to share through email... We finally did it, after putting the revit file along with all of its backup files in a single zip file, we splitted the zip file instead of splitting the revit files.
Message 6 of 6
rgoodall

Steve do you know how to prevent this from happening as I have just come across this problem myself and it is really annoying having to go back to the saved versions (as you discribed).

I would like to know if it can be prevented

The same topic is discussed as being a problem when saving across a network but I am not sure if this is right or not.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5616221뉝

I hope you or others can help
Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report