Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Finish Edit Mode Ribbon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MandyWalker17
2516 Views, 3 Replies

Error: Finish Edit Mode Ribbon

Whenever I am in edit/sketch mode for components, stairs, floors, etc. the Finish Edit Mode green check mark and red "x" are not present in the ribbon.  In essence, I have no way to finish the product.  I was referred to Update Release 2 for Revit Architecture 2013, but I keep getting a pop window saying I do not have the required previous updates.  I tried to download Update Release 1, but it requires "First Customer Ship" to be downloaded previously.  Where is "First Customer Ship build"?  It is not listed under Autodesk's updates for Revit Architecture 2013.  HELP!!!

Revit Architecture 2013

Windows 8

64-bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I remember reading that this issue had been corrected with one of the recent upgrades, but I don't have more precise information on that. In the meantime, one solution is to create a keyboard shortcut to finish the sketch mode, and use that in case of emergency. 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

I am having the same issue. To bring up "finish" when editing coumns etc i have to double click the "modify" tab heading and cycle through the modes and then it appears. I cannot install service pack 1 or 2 as its says "the required software is not installed".

(I am using the student version, downloaded around 3 weeks ago)

I wanted to try and use/create a shortcut as suggested but when I search for the "finish" in the shortcut editing list there are about 50 variations of "finish", "finish edit" etc.

Could you post instructiions on how to create a shortcut specifically for "finish" and "cancel". (I am new to Revit)

Thanks

Message 4 of 4

Old thread, but I have a fix if it was caused by your dual monitors. 

Im in 2019 and Im unable to close after entering the "edit assembly". There is no finish or close box. Its not floating off somewhere or hidden behind anything. I have searched thoroughly.  No amount of keyboard shortcut adds or removals has helped, and this has been ongoing for sometime. 

I have even gone to the extreme of removing EVERY short cut key and reentering only what I need. Still no change, still stuck in edit assembly with no way of closing out and saving my changes. 

I do have 2 monitors, so by chance, I went into my taskbar settings to fool around with them and see what I could figure out. After trying multiple combinations and re-editing my short cut keys again, I finally found a working solution.

Im not sure which settings impacted the issue and caused it to finally start working, so I will list all the settings I changed. 

Combine Taskbar buttons                        Never

Show taskbar buttons on                         taskbar where the window is open

Combine Buttons on other taskbars       Never

In Revit, I went into options,  user interface, keyboard shortcuts, customize and typed in "Finish" . 

Under  "Finish     Contextual Tabs>Edit Assembly"  I added my shortcut FA (you can add whatever) and closed out.

In the project I opened my assembly, made my change, then typed in FA. VIOLA!!!  The assembly closed.

Again, I am not sure all of these changes are required, they are just the changes I had made when it finally started working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report