Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating Truss Family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PhilvK
355 Views, 2 Replies

Error Creating Truss Family

I am creating a truss family. Everything seems to be working fine when checking different values for the parameters, except for when I add the reference line for the web highlighted below. After I add this line, I get the following error message: “Line is slightly off axis and may cause inaccuracies”. Can anyone guide me on where to look on how to correct this?

Revit Error.JPG 

Thanks,

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
conormccartney3897
in reply to: PhilvK

Generally you don't need to worry about this, its just saying that the angle is ever so slightly off what Revit considers as acceptable (for instance 45.1 instead of 45) rarely actually causes problems. Curious, why are you using reference lines instead of the built in Truss family elements (Chord, Web)? Or is this a custom parametric family and not a Truss family?
Message 3 of 3
PhilvK
in reply to: conormccartney3897

Thank you. I re-did what I had originally inputted and the error message has disappeared. I got here by following a YouTube video tutorial on how to create a custom parametric truss. After I understand that, I figure I can simply it and create a simple parametric rafter family. I am new to this!

Thanks again for your help - Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report